Saturday, July 7, 2012

Introduction

Hello! My name is Kalia Kelly and welcome to my blog about Physical Science. I am a student at UMUC Europe and am currently enrolled in NSCI 100, or Introduction to Physical Science. Throughout this course I will be learning about the concepts of physics, chemistry, earth science, and astronomy. In addition to the themes that will be covered in this course, I will be required to complete a research project.

The course research project is designed to reflect what we have learned throughout the course and how the teachings can be applied to our daily lives. There were several options for what we can do for our research project; among these options was the choice to create a blog. Initially, I had winced at the idea of creating a blog because I was not sure of what a blog really was. To add to my lack of knowledge of what a blog was, I was not even sure of how to create a blog. Nevertheless, I figured that I could add to my education by learning what a blog was and how to create a blog. So here I am!

In addition to the goals that my research project will accomplish, my Physical Science blog will also provide the answer to questions we have all wondered about. Science is not a topic that I thoroughly enjoy, but every once in a while I come across a topic that catches my interest. These moments typically take place when I am reading my text. While reading, I may come across an answer to a question that I have always wondered about or a fact that was unknown to me before. I like to share these moments with my mom and call them her "daily physical science lesson." Now that I am creating a blog I hope that I will have a bigger audience to share these "daily physical science lessons" with. For the sake of my blog, I will refer to these lessons as weekly physical science lessons because my posts will be published weekly rather than daily. I hope that you all enjoy what I have to share with you and learn a few things that were unknown to you before.

No comments:

Post a Comment